Tosa Yoga Center hosts an annual yoga retreat which provides an opportunity for students to take their yoga experience out of the studio and into a beautiful and peaceful tropical location. Our yoga retreats are typically one week long and include lodging, food, and daily yoga classes.
Registration is now OPEN for our first yoga retreat!
Our retreat is February 9-16, 2019 at the beautiful Costa Dulce Eco-Resort and Retreat Center, near San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua.
Costa Dulce means “sweet coast” and it is truly that! The resort bungalows, yoga shalas and dining rooms are located in the jungle or on its edge near the beach. Costa Dulce is committed to preserving nature and having minimal impact on its surrounding environment. From the integration of the bungalows into the jungle, to the fresh local food, to their work with the conservation of sea turtles, where retreat goers can release them into the sea, this resort is described as “natural living meeting rustic luxury.”
All rooms have beach views, though some are closer than others. Most rooms have porches with chairs or hammocks. All rooms have wifi as well.
The “bungalows” have a private bathroom and 1, 2 or 3 beds, and most accommodate 1-3 people.
The “dorm-style” rooms have 3-4 beds, share a bathhouse with one other room, and most accommodate 3-4 people.
The rooms have been built slowly over time with care in order to minimize impact on the environment. Some rooms have been built very near trees or a tree may even be growing through the room! Because this resort is in the jungle, you may see local animals such as monkey, lizards, turtles, snakes, birds, etc.
Four meals are provided each day (pre-breakfast with house-made granola, breakfast with fruit smoothies, lunch with fresh squeezed juices and dinner with dessert). All food is fresh and bought locally. Dulce Cocina takes allergies and dietary restrictions very seriously, so please include any specifics on the registration form and inform us of any specific needs you have.
There are 24 spots available, so we have no doubt that this retreat will fill up, and that we will have a waiting list. Please register promptly.
When you fill out the registration form, your space will be held for the retreat. After July 1st, if you have not made your first or full payment, you will lose your space.
The pricing and payment options for the 2019 Nicaragua retreat are as follows:
Payment Option 1 - Pay in full by July 1st, 2018.
- Total payment (Dorm): $1,300.
- Total payment (Bungalow): $1,650.
Payment Option 2 ($100 more.) - Pay two installments of 50%, July 1st & October 1st.
- Total payment (Dorm): $1,400.
- Total payment (Bungalow): $1,750.
Payment will need to be made with check only.
Should you need to cancel your registration, please read our cancellation policy in the FAQ.
The price of the retreat includes:
- your room
- four meals per day
- unlimited coffee, tea, filtered water, pastries and fruit
- two yoga classes per day
- transportation from the airport to the retreat location and back
- two group activities
- gratuities and taxes
Please note the following:
- The price of the retreat does NOT include air fare or travel to and from your home to the airport.
- There are options for other activities such as massages, etc. and you are able to purchase alcoholic beverages at the bar.
- You will need to book your own flight. The airport you will fly into is Augusto C Sandino Airport (Managua, Nicaragua).
- You will need a passport that has an expiration date beyond six months of travel dates (must expire after August 2018). If you need to renew, or do not yet have a passport, we recommending allowing 6-8 weeks for processing time.
- Please see CDC information for travel to Nicaragua. Your physician is the best resource for any questions you may have for health-related travel questions.