Welcome to Tosa Yoga Center!
We want to make your yoga experience as uncomplicated and enjoyable as possible, so we've outlined some of the most important information you need to know. Let's begin!
- We offer different styles and levels of classes throughout the week.
- You may attend class at any time and just drop in! No need to sign up ahead of time.
- Your first class at Tosa Yoga Center is only $10! We will give you that discount upon arrival, so let us know when you check in that it's your first class.
- Go to the “Descriptions” page to determine the class that best fits you.
- Then, head to the “Schedule & Prices” page to get the details.
- Along the way, feel free to check out what's happening on our “Events & Workshops” page.
Class Guidelines & Helpful Suggestions
- Be courteous and arrive on time. The studio will be open 10 minutes prior to class.
- For parking, we suggest the following: along the east side of 68th Street, anywhere along 67th Street, one block north along Meinecke, or the public parking lot on the corner of 69th Street and North Avenue.
- Please be aware of the volume of your conversations, as other classes may still be in session.
- Please silence your cell phone while in class (or leave it in your car).
- Please be conscious of any scents you wear or have on your body, as others may be sensitive or allergic.
- Try not to eat for two (2) hours before class.
- We encourage you to bring your own mat, but we also have some available for use.
- We provide blocks, straps, blankets, and bolsters for you - don't hesitate to grab what you need before class begins!
- It is very important that your muscles stay warm during your yoga practice, so the room is heated to at least 75 degrees. Please wear comfortable clothing and layer. A small towel is recommended.
- We strongly encourage you to stay until the end of class, but if you need to leave early, please do so before final relaxation (savasana).
- Please inform the teacher of any injuries that may affect your movement in class, and please let the teacher know if you are pregnant.
- In case of inclement weather or for any other reason that a regularly scheduled class needs to be canceled, the studio will send an email announcement.
- Enjoy your class with an open mind and open heart!
An important note to BEGINNERS -- if you are just starting your yoga practice, we suggest starting with a Level 1 class or our Yoga 101 workshop (typically held the first Saturday of every month). Flow Yoga (Level 1/2) is another option for beginners, but please know that it is slightly more challenging than Level 1, and it is not always geared towards those brand new to yoga.